Do you have thousands of your files in WordPress media library? And you have trouble managing them? FileBird – WordPress Media Library Folders plugin was born to help you take your WordPress media library to the next level
Are you a WordPress website administrator?
Developing a site means that you’ll be adding tons of new media files such as images, videos, audios, PDF, txt, docx, .ect into your site database day by day. As a result, your site will have to store thousands of files. In the default WordPress media database, you are not able to arrange files in a logical manner and you wish you could do that like what you do with your files in your own computer, right? When you want to look for a particular uploaded file on your WordPress site, don’t you know how to find it?
FileBird – WordPress Media Library Folders was born to help you overcome the obstacle. This plugin gives you the ability to easily organize your files in media library of your site. With this tool in hand, you can manage and arrange thousands of images, audios, videos, and other files in your media library.
Managing files in WordPress has never been easier. You are able to just drag and drop to upload or move files/ folders. This will help you save a ton of time that goes into putting your media files in place. The hierarchical view of your folders will also make things easier for you to quickly find specific folders in just a blink of an eye.
FRIENDLY USER INTERFACE
Drag and drop to upload/move files into folders. Drag and drop to rearrange folders.
SMART CONTEXT MENU
Right click your mouse to quickly create, rename or delete folders like what you do on your computer.
FULL CONTROL IN ONE TOOLBAR
The toolbar on the left allows you control all of your folders/ files. You can create, rearrange, rename or delete folders.
UNLIMITED FOLDERS/ SUBFOLDERS
You can create unlimited folders/subfolders for all your media files.
3RD PARTY COMPATIBILITY
This plugin is compatible with most of themes or plugins.
MANY LANGUAGES SUPPORTED
This plugin supports most popular languages such as English, Spanish, Italian, French, etc.
Q: Where can I find the Documentation for this plugin?
A: You can find it here https://ninjateam.gitbook.io/filebird/
Q: When I create a new post, how can I choose an uploaded file in a specific folder?
A: Yes, you can use the folder tree on the left or choose the folder in the dropdown list of the filter box beside the search box.
Q: Do all of my uploaded files remain the same after I first install this plugin?
A: Yes, they do.
Q: If I create a folder or category, does this override the default WordPress path “wp-content/uploads”?
A: No, it does not. The plugin helps organize files into folders visually. The file default path still remains.
Q: How can I bulk select multiple files and put them into a folder?
A: You can use the Bulk select Button in media grid, bulk select files you want and just drag them into a folder.
Q: When I move an image to another folder, does this action affect the image appearance on my frontend?
A: No, it does not. The image is still displayed correctly on the site frontend, and the file path is not changed.
Q: How can I update FileBird to the lastest version?
A: You can follow this guide https://ninjateam.gitbook.io/filebird/how-to-update-filebird
Oct 28, 2019 – Version 3.4
- Removed: Unused CSS - Fixed: Elementor bug - Fixed: List view not load image - Fixed: Count items in Uncategorized folder - Fixed: Conflict CSS with ACF plugin - Fixed: Small bugs
Oct 22, 2019 – Version 3.3
- Added: Option turn on/off loading FileBird at front-end for page builders - Improved: Removed CDN for customScrollBar - Fixed: Small bug with Elementor - Fixed: Select option does not change in modal popup upload - Fixed: Only call moving image when moving folder position
Sep 18, 2019 – Version 3.2.2
- Fixed: Sorting error in list view - Improved: Optimize Code
Sep 16, 2019 – Version 3.2.1
- Fixed: Conflict with WordPress Customize Function - Improved: Optimize Code - Fixed: Some small bugs
Sep 13, 2019 – Version 3.2
- Fixed: "nt_wmc_folder" in Google Search Console results - Fixed: Error in full front end Divi Page Builder editor - Fixed: PHP notice on line 582 and 586 - Fixed: Load JS script on front end - Fixed: Error "FileBird is loading" on Elementor builder - Fixed: Compatible with FooGallery and Final Tiles Grid Gallery - Fixed: Warning notice in WordPress - Fixed: Margin Overlay - Fixed: Other small bugs - Improved: Performance and Optimize Code
Jul 29, 2019 – Version 3.1.2
- Improved: Fast append treeview - Improved: Prevent public folders link - Improved: CSS UI - Fixed: Prevent public taxonomy folder - Fixed: Query database callback all time - Fixed: FileBird treeview show on the top left in product editor in WooCommerce - Fixed: Can’t drop file when creating the first folder - Fixed: Work with WPML when Post Types Translation: Media tick not translatable - Fixed: Bulk select moving images into folders by itself - Fixed: Move folder with length folder text - Fixed: Resize bar not save in minimum width - Fixed: Remove map file library - Fixed: Conflict with photo gallery
Jun 10, 2019 – Version 3.1.1
- Added: Support RTL languages - Added: Support Advanced Custom Field - Improved: Reduce plugin size - Fixed: Small bugs
Jun 04, 2019 – Version 3.1
- Improved: Change drag-drop library - Improved: Optimize drag-drop - Improved: Change drag-drop to trigger folders, list view - Improved: Change syntax jQuery - Fixed: CSS not show in all folders treeview from classic editor - Fixed: Move many files - Fixed: Move all categories - Fixed: Auto Deselect bulk when none file - Fixed: Count file selected in bulk select - Fixed: Conflict with Avada theme - Updated: CSS - Removed: Unused files
May 28, 2019 – Version 3.0
- Added: Treeview interface in page, post, custom post type - Added: Treeview interface in Divi Builder, Beaver Builder, Visual Composer, WPBakery Page Builder, Elementor Builder - Added: Treeview interface for Gutenberg - Added: Bulk auto deselect when change folder - Added: Compatible with WPML 4.x version - Fixed: WPML 3.9 conflict - Fixed: Move one file not click image - Fixed: CSS over when edit folder - Fixed: Load too much database - Fixed: Treeview interface Elementor Builder - Fixed: Upload images - Improved: No load FileBird files on frontend if not use builder - Improved: Optimize FileBird - Improved: UI/UX - Removed: Unused files
Mar 13, 2019 – Version 2.7
- Added: Refresh folder - Fixed: Categories dropdown from Media Library popup - Fixed: Some small bugs
Mar 4, 2019 – Version 2.6.1
- Updated: Languages and Documentation - Fixed: Press double clicks for OK/cancel button
Feb 27, 2019 – Version 2.6
- Fixed: Scroll folder tree - Fixed: Bug for Elementor - Fixed: Languages - Fixed: Removed WordPress notification - Improved: Doesn't jump to destination folder when moving files
Feb 14, 2019 – Version 2.5
- Added: Compatible with Divi Builder - Added: Compatible with Beaver Builder - Added: Compatible with Visual Composer - Added: Compatible with WPBakery Page Builder - Improved: CSS - Fixed: Some bugs
Feb 13, 2019 – Version 2.4.1
- Fixed: Folder structure when insert files in page/post - Fixed: Bulk select error - Fixed: Small bugs
Jan 29, 2019 – Version 2.4
- Added: Save position for resizable sidebar - Fixed: Languages - Fixed: Small bugs
Jan 22, 2019 – Version 2.3.2
- Added: Compatible with Elementor Page Builder
Jan 9, 2019 – Version 2.3.1
- Added: Russian Translation
Dec 4, 2018 – Version 2.3
- Fixed: Error in Theme Customize Tab
August 30, 2018 – Version 2.2
- Fixed: Conflict with 404 to 301 plugin - Fixed: Other bugs
May 17, 2018 – Version 2.1
- Added: Drag and drop files to folders for List mode - Added: Count items after dragging - Added: Load effect while dragging - Added: Hover effect (List mode and gird mode) - Added: Show loading progress bar when upload file - Improved: CSS - Improved: Clean code - Improved: Loading effect smoother - Fixed: Resize bug when dragging back - Fixed: Hide list attachments after load attachment - Fixed: Some small bugs
May 8, 2018 – Version 2.0
April 18, 2018 – Version 1.0.7
- Fixed: Image display section (Thanks to hotmedia) - Fixed: Some bugs
April 15, 2018 – Version 1.0.6
- Fixed: Some bugs
April 5, 2018 – Version 1.0.5
- Added: Display location latest folder place use. - Improved: New UI/UX - Improved: Change icons - Improved: CSS styles
March 28, 2018 – Version 1.0.4
March 18, 2018 – Version 1.0.3
- Fixed: Load files in the folder - Fixed: Some bugs
March 10, 2018 – Version 1.0.2
- Fixed: Drag and drop files - Fixed: Some bugs
March 5, 2018 – Version 1.0.1
- Fixed: JS conflicts - Fixed: Drag and drop folders
April 14, 2018 – Version 1.0
- Version 1.0 Initial Release
Great Work, Congratulations GLWS :)
Thank you ;)
Hi Ninja Team - just wanted to say I love this plugin! So easy to use and really handy for organising files in a large site. Thank you!
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. We greatly value your feedback. If it's possible, can you leave the plugin 5 star rating? https://codecanyon.net/downloads Your review will help us to have awesome customers like you. Have a nice day! ;) Kelly
Is it safe to update this plugin by deleting an older version and uploading the new one via the Wordpress dashboard? There will be no lost data?
Hi DarrylSyms, Thanks for reaching out. It is all safe and kept, so no worries. Please let me know if there is anything I can ever help you with. Kelly
I think I will want to buy this - but only if I can get it to work. Right now it is rather unresponsive, but my immediate questions are: Can I remove a single image from a folder without deleting the file from my library entirely? (I put the file in the wrong folder.) If so, HOW? Can I have the same image in an both the upper level and an underlying folder?
Hi there, Thanks for reaching out. All files are in "All files" folder. If you don't want to delete an image, just put them back in "All files" folder. A file can be in "All files" folder and in one folder created. Please let me know if there is anything else I can ever help you with. Kelly
Thanks. That answers my questions. Sweet program, although I wish you could have an image in multiple files!
Thanks thetravelgal, we will consider and may have it in future update ;) Kelly
Can i rename uploaded files directly in wp?
Hi there, You can not rename files in bulk, just rename one by one normally. Please let me know if there is anything I can ever help you with. Kelly
Hi Prepurchase questions. Are there any known conflicts/issues with the Newspaper theme by TagDiv and with their own tagdiv composer page builder and also Wp bakery visual composer? Is there any impact on the site of having 100 folders? I imagine this is how many I will need, and with folders 3 -4 levels deep. I also use bunny cdn through WP Rocket. Does this affect functionality? Thanks
Hi there, We have not heard of any issue with that theme. Our plugin does support WPBakery Visual Composer already, and for unlimited folders as well. Let me know if you have any other questions. Kelly
Hi Kelly Just to confirm, this uses virtual folders right, so nothing gets moved or rewritten at all correct? Meaning if there is an issue with the plug in there is little chance of it destroying the site. (not that I expect anything like that to happen lol)
Yes, that's right. This plugin creates virtual folders only. Kelly
Latest update of Filebird not compatible with Elementor Pro - the editor doesn't load properly anymore when installing the update. Elementor Pro just shows grey widget boxes with no content after installing update. Also I saw that on wordpress This plugin has been closed as of September 15, 2019 and is not available for download. This closure is temporary, pending a full review!!!????
Hi there, Thanks for reaching out. Regarding the compatible with Elementor Pro, we will test again and notify you soon, will update our plugin asap. For the plugin review on WordPress, it is just about Optimize code, not relate to any functions of our plugin, you don't need to worry about it. Please let me know if there is anything I can ever help you with. Kelly
We have just tested with the latest version of Elementor Pro, and it is working well.
So maybe something went wrong on your site, please submit a private ticket with your login credentials at https://ninja.ticksy.com/ and our support team will help you check it.
Hello. How does it work with buddypress? For example, when members upload pictures?
Thanks for reaching out. We have not built FileBird to work with buddypress, so if members upload photos, those photos may come into the default folder "All files". You can test and let us know.
Thanks and Best regards,
whats update on 5th September?
Here is no update on 5th September, we will have next update on 20th this month.
Please let me know if you have any questions,
I really like this plugin; however, I discovered a bug after I purchased the pro version that has to do with being able to scroll down all the way to the bottom folders section. For some reason I can't access Folders in the bottom section due to mouse scroll restriction issues. As there are Folders in the bottom section that I need to get access to, Is there a way you can help me fix this?
Here is a screen recording to show you the problem >> https://mega.nz/#!plk31ShK!tkbgrPuZCEQd4uNt6Megp8byGnZnofHgJwXQRCjOLQ0
Hello there, Please make sure you use the latest version 2.5. If still have this issue, please submit a ticket at https://ninja.ticksy.com/ with your admin access and I will help you check it. Tommy
Hey, nice plugin so far! Sadly it doesnt appear in Envato Market for updates.
Hi there, Thanks for reaching out and for the observation. We are still working on that. Please let me know if there is anything else I can ever help you with. Kelly
Thx for Reply,... so to update the plugin I just replace the old files with the new once?
Hi VIDEORealism, Yes, you can deactivate old one and install the new one, or simply just use Envato Market plugin for auto update. Tommy
Hey Tommy,... I|d like to autoupdate via the Market Plugin, but its not listed there. I created new Tokens a couple of times,...
Hello. Can I use backup tools like updraftplus?
Hi there, Thanks for reaching out. Yes, you can use it to back up. Please let me know if there is anything else I can ever help you with. Kelly
How to install? I upload the file "codecanyon-21715379-media-folders-manager-for-wordpress", and cannot activate it. There is a Fatal error: Cannot redeclare filebird_activate() (previously declared in /www/wwwroot/cloudarchitecture.cn/wp-content/plugins/filebird/filebird.php:62) in /www/wwwroot/cloudarchitecture.cn/wp-content/plugins/filebird-wordpress-media-library-folders/filebird.php on line 64
Hello there, Thanks for reaching out. In this case, please submit a private ticket with your login credentials at https://ninja.ticksy.com/ and our support team will help you check it. Kelly
Hi, Does this plugin support organizing pages and posts into folders too?
Hi there, Thank you so much for your interest in this plugin. To answer your question, this plugin helps organize files only. Let me know if you need any info further. Kelly
Am I missing something regarding how to install? I'm trying to install the pro version. Should I be uploading the full zip file, if so what should be included in the zip file? Under "Support" there isn't an option for this plug-in???
You should upload the whole zip file like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/e65zzmdlnlgj8er/Filebird-upload.mp4?dl=0
If still no luck, please submit a private ticket with your login details at https://ninja.ticksy.com/ and our support team will help you check it. Kelly
I received an update by email. How do I install the update? I downloaded the file but when I install it says that the file is already installed. Should I uninstall and install again? Will I not lose all my folders already organized?
Please uninstall the old version and install the new one, you will not lose your folders, don't worry that.
Error appears when creating directory. "PHP errors were triggered during an Ajax request. See your browser developer console for details." http://prntscr.com/ora144 http://prntscr.com/ora1lr
Hello there, Thanks for reaching out to us. We checked on our sites and did not see the error. In this case, please submit a private ticket with your login credentials at https://ninja.ticksy.com/ and our support team will help you check it. Kind regards, Kelly
Just like justinedelson said, the plugin loads its scripts on frontend. I had to deactivate it on frontend with another plugin. Another problem is that it's way too easy to move folders around in the folder structure. I want to select a folder, but in turn it gets nested within another folder... The plugin is OK otherwise but these two issues make it unusable, especially on a more complex website.
Thanks for your observation. We are improving our plugin and will update the next version soon.
Thanks for taking a look into it.
Can you upload images to a custom folder with this plugin? For example instead of the default content folder I wanna make a different folder called user uploads and let all my users uploads go to that folder .
Hi toolbox101, Thank you so much for your interest in this plugin. Yes, you can upload images directly to a folder created by FileBird. Let me know if you need any help. Kelly
Hello, is there any way to this plugin also move media physically?
Hi there, Thanks for reaching out. FileBird helps arrange folders and files visually only. Please let me know if there is anything I can ever help you with. Kelly
Hey. I ended up just changing my uploads folder and the permalinks for the uploads. Easier and safer. Just wanted to say that I'm loving this plugin.
It's great to hear that and thank you so much for choosing our plugin.
If it's possible, can you leave the plugin 5 star rating? https://codecanyon.net/downloads Your review will motivate us to develop more works and have awesome customers like you. Thanks in advance ;)